Club Coach - Sliding Seat - Strathclyde Park
Course Provider: NGB
Course Location: Scottish Rowing Centre, 366 Hamilton Road , Strathclyde Park , ML1 3ED
Start Date: Saturday, 15 February 2020
Start Time: 09:00
Booking Deadline: Sunday, 2 February 2020
What you'll learn: The British Rowing Club Coach (Sliding Seat) course is a recognised UKCC Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rowing and is the first award for coaching individuals on the water. It is aimed at beginner coaches, and is applicable to coaches working with all groups, from novices to competent rowers. The award focuses on developing three coaching behaviours:
- Having a concern for standards
- Being a rower-focussed coach
- Looking to develop continually as a coach.
Who can attend? Anyone over 18 years of age. You will also need to have completed some additional workshops before signing up to a Level 2 course. The prerequisites for this qualification are:
- Capsize and Recovery Training (Sliding seat)
- Safety Basics Online Module (http://www.rowhow.org/course/view.php?id=164) and
- Cold Water & Hypothermia Online Module (http://www.rowhow.org/course/view.php?id=165).
Current Emergency Aid and Safeguarding & Protecting Children training must be held at the time of booking your Independent Assessment.
Event State: Accepting Bookings